IPv6 and IPv4 cohabitation.
jeroen94704
2008-07-16 08:36:55 UTC
Is there anything to report regarding this question? Our client wants
the application to support both ipv4 and ipv6 without having to
maintain separate a version for each. They state that ipv4/v6
cohabitation is the norm in other applications. i.e. The correct stack
is used depending on the format of the ip address used.

Thanks,

Jeroen Bouwens
Does gsoap support concurent protocol stacks for IPv6 and IPv4?
fscckae
2008-10-02 13:19:45 UTC
I need this too.
In a MS Page I have seen that they are making a loop for
socket() and bind() ... using ALL output info of getaddrinfo().

How can I get this with gSOAP ? Calling soap_bind more than once ?
With what hostname ?
In gSOAP only the first getaddrinfo is used.

My clients want this very much !

hopefully,

fscckae
jeroen94704
2008-10-07 07:14:06 UTC
What we ended up doing is placing all gsoap stuff in a shared library,
and compiling two versions of it (ipv4 and v6 versions, obviously).
Then, the main application loads the correct library depending on a
config setting.

It's ugly, but it's the best we could come up with.

Jeroen
fscckae
2008-11-04 12:11:37 UTC
I have made first the check of all getaddrinfo to see if IPv4 AND
IPv6 is needed and than start the complete bind-accept loop twice
using hostnames "0.0.0.0" and "::" (only for WINDOWS)

It is ugly.

fscckae